Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Brutal Ball Inventory

Right, now gonna have to give this some serious thought.

For the ferries and whatnot i understand Johnny and Miss O are working on that, so i'll leave that off.

Myself, am planning on camping for the week so adapt this however suits yourselves whether you're a tight Scottish git like me or not.

Essentials
    ---------

- 2 man tent. (Unfortunately it will actually be 2 men)
    - 2 sleeping bags.
    - Week's worth of t-shirts, undercrackers and kid on half sock thingies.
    - Couple of pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans for going out in.
    - Couple of pairs of trainers.
    - 1 waterproof jacket/cagoul just in case.
    - Raviators.
    - Silly hat.

- Toolkit, selection of sockets and screw drivers et al.
    - Torch
    - Phone charger
    - Map of Europe/Sat Nav
    - iPod and enough sing a long rock music to please any Norwiegen Luvlies
    - Camera and Video Camera/Bullet Cam for the best roads.
    - Duck McDuck.
    - Bi-lingual Guide?

For car
    -------

- Oil and coolant (worth carrying or will it be purchase-able over there if needed?)
    - Spare wheel (dunno if that's gonna be possible)
    - Breakdown cover
    - Insurance for driving abroad
    - Emergency warning triangle?
    - Full bulb kit for Europe. Headlight conversion sticker thingies..
    - Spare Fuses

Special Car preps
    ----------------

- Extra fan for cooling engine if it's gonna be uber hot?
    - New set of tyres
    - Window Tints?
    - Cruise control?

That's about the sum of it i'd think. What else you lot bringing?
    Last edited by OlberJ; 03-02-2008 at 23:03.

Quote Originally Posted by OlberJ
    Right, now gonna have to give this some serious thought.

For the ferries and whatnot i understand Johnny and Miss O are working on that, so i'll leave that off.
    Tremendous idea there Ollie, am uber shocked! Ferry companies have been contacted, I think we should expect £200-£250 for the ferry trip to Stavanger.

Myself, am planning on camping for the week so adapt this however suits yourselves whether you're a tight Scottish git like me or not.

Essentials
    ---------
    - 2 man tent. (Unfortunately it will actually be 2 men)
    - 2 sleeping bags.
    - Week's worth of t-shirts, undercrackers and kid on half sock thingies.
    - Couple of pairs of shorts and a pair of jeans for going out in.
    - Couple of pairs of trainers.
    - 1 waterproof jacket/cagoul just in case.
    - Raviators.
    - Silly hat.
    - Toolkit, selection of sockets and screw drivers et al.
    - Torch
    - Phone charger
    - Map of Europe/Sat Nav
    - iPod and enough sing a long rock music to please any Norwiegen Luvlies
    - Camera and Video Camera/Bullet Cam for the best roads.
    - Duck McDuck.
    - Bi-lingual Guide?
    You might want to add shoes to the that list as well for going out in mate. Some places could be fussy.

Toolkit is a good one. Paul and I had the idea of everyone adding in a few quid more for someone to come with us in a van as a kind of TB support vehicle. We'd all chip in to cover the costs of the Ferry and fuels. They'd drive the van, loaded with a turbo and N/A gearbox, some drive shafts, coolants, oils, bearings, etc... a rolling garage really.

I'd be fairly sure that Breakdown cover should be a must rather than a nice-to-have. Sat Nav is a decent one, but I think over half of us will have it, so we can rely on them. I've got two TomToms, so I can happily lend one out.

For car
    -------
    - Oil and coolant (worth carrying or will it be purchase-able over there if needed?)
    - Spare wheel (dunno if that's gonna be possible)
    - Breakdown cover
    - Insurance for driving abroad
    - Emergency warning triangle?
    Check the laws for each country on the requirements, but I think we'll need the triangle, illuminous coat. Also add a mobile phone charger for the cigarette lighter.

Special Car preps
    ----------------
    - Extra fan for cooling engine if it's gonna be uber hot?
    - New set of tyres
    - Window Tints?
    - Cruise control?
    Careful on the window tints. We want a great time, but don't fancy the plod pulling us all the time. Securelux might be a good idea though, just incase.

That's about the sum of it i'd think. What else you lot bringing?
    I'm with you on the majority of the list. Don't forget the obvious .. Euros, Bank cards, ID, Driving License, Insurance Documents, MOT, pre-notification of your mobile network that you're going abroad, same for your bank, contingency fund for any unforseen-happenings. Maybe a morning after breathaliser, knowing how much we all drink (sorry Paul). Maybe some Ultraseal for the emergencys?

Quote Originally Posted by FourVeeSix
    Im hoping to be able to get a car sorted by then....way things are going ill be lucky to pogo my way out there... :)
    If the Spider and the T-Bar are BOTH ready, you're welcome to take the Spider mate, providing you sort your own insurance and don't break it!!

There's an offer and a half. :clap:

Never let it be said that I'm not a generous man ...

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    Tremendous idea there Ollie, am uber shocked!
    What that i had a tremendous idea? lol

You might want to add shoes to the that list as well for going out in mate. Some places could be fussy.
    You reckon? I only own one pair of shoes, they're shiny black and i aint wearing them with jeans.

Brown Brogues may have to be purchased.

Toolkit is a good one. Paul and I had the idea of everyone adding in a few quid more for someone to come with us in a van as a kind of TB support vehicle. We'd all chip in to cover the costs of the Ferry and fuels. They'd drive the van, loaded with a turbo and N/A gearbox, some drive shafts, coolants, oils, bearings, etc... a rolling garage really.
    It's definitely a good idea but do we have someone to drive the van? How will they keep up with the rest of us and how much eextra do you think it'll add to each of our costs so we can budget?

Check the laws for each country on the requirements, but I think we'll need the triangle, illuminous coat. Also add a mobile phone charger for the cigarette lighter.
    I think you're right about the triangle and the jacket, did we ever get TB high vis jobbies?

Careful on the window tints. We want a great time, but don't fancy the plod pulling us all the time. Securelux might be a good idea though, just incase.
    Was thinking purely from a heat point of view. In a mk1 with no air-con it could get a little humid.

I'm with you on the majority of the list. Don't forget the obvious .. Euros, Bank cards, ID, Driving License, Insurance Documents, MOT, pre-notification of your mobile network that you're going abroad, same for your bank, contingency fund for any unforseen-happenings. Maybe a morning after breathaliser, knowing how much we all drink (sorry Paul). Maybe some Ultraseal for the emergencys?
    How many hours do you reckon we'll be driving each day then?

Can we have one blow out night and then have a late start the next day?

I think you need a full bulb kit for Europe. And don't forget those headlight conversion sticker thingies..

And spare fuses would be helpful too.

Oh yeah, on the plan I've put a max of 4 hours driving a day, and that's not in one go. After all, we've got a day to do it ... we could do an hour, stop, hour, stop etc ...

I'm up for all sorts mate ... :hand:

I think we just need to be sensible .. if it's a late night/heavy night, we have a late start the next day till we're legal! We don't want on our backs. :naughty:

Added Jasp, do you mean the yellow sticker thingies to change the light glare output?

GB Stickers? Are they needed?