Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    I was only voicing my own preference for HIDs earlier that I intend to use in my recently fitted kit, I completely agree with the others that you should forget HIDs and go with good aftermarket ultra white bulbs.

As Lee said, there isn't any requirement for a PCB controller - unless you are providing some additional functionality - as the mechanisms to lift and drop the units and control the lights already exist. What you should be thinking about is making the units cheaper and lighter without compromising on quality.
    I'll stick with the projectors I have and the best bulbs out there, at the moment Osrams Nightbreakers are the most highly mentioned to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion paint & bodyworks View Post
    I'll stick with the projectors I have and the best bulbs out there, at the moment Osrams Nightbreakers are the most highly mentioned to me.
    Agree mate, I have found these to be better than the Philips but some others have questioned the longevity of them and only seem to get around 12 months life from Osrams.

As for the background in Physics and Astronomy and you mentioning the accident, it's just clicked who you are. Hope you're getting better mate

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Would be great to get these on for the retro-toyota meet at the Ace Cafe on the 23/4!

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    Agree mate, I have found these to be better than the Philips but some others have questioned the longevity of them and only seem to get around 12 months life from Osrams.

As for the background in Physics and Astronomy and you mentioning the accident, it's just clicked who you are. Hope you're getting better mate
    Thank you, I'm getting there. Had a hospital appointment earlier this week and I am still a little sore from that.

My partner has just had an emergency operation too, so now it's my turn to play the nurse ;)

Quote Originally Posted by coanda View Post
    Would be great to get these on for the retro-toyota meet at the Ace Cafe on the 23/4!
    Currently waiting to hear back from the supplier of the projector lenses. Trying to figure out what is best as there is a large jump in price from the smaller to larger lenses, whether that constitutes an equivalent increase in performance I don't know yet.

Looking at using Honda S2000 units at the moment if I can get the price right. If not there are plenty of other equally good alternatives.

integrated night vision system - this is getting very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Garbe View Post
    integrated night vision system - this is getting very interesting
    I am hoping to do a full test of it this evening with another type of CCD chip from a webcam. Apparently it has the spectral response I am looking for and, they are super cheap.

So far I've been playing with high end cooled CCD camera from my telescopes, whilst they do the job they are prohibitively expensive, the one I would have chosen is about £2300 I think. So if the smaller more readily available CCD chips will produce an adequate image then I think I will go with them.

A quick Google and this, a Sony HAD chip from a webcam, it is a true CCD and not a cheap CMOS sensor. Unusual for a simple webaam.

[IMG][/IMG]

I also have a Mintron camera which is fantastic and can "see" things many millions of miles away with only a few seconds delay. This would work but again, they are too expensive.

If I can get one of these chips rigged up to a suitable lens and ir illumination, remove the internal ir filter then they might do the job. For now.

When he drops it off and I've had a play I'll stick some images up.
    Last edited by Orion paint & bodyworks; 04-04-2011 at 22:47.

I've been reading a thread over on IMOC about low rise kits. Someone in Germany makes these..

These look about bang on if you ask me. Apparently he uses some lights from the Ferrari F355, or... Volvo FLC HGV...

http://www.bisonparts.co.uk/lighting.../headlamp-3648

Steve

Nice find Steve, if I am not mistaken Lee was trying to sell a similar set to these on IMOC.

@Orion - Worth a look, Phil. They are Mitsubishi GTO Low Rise and I am sure that these would be perfect for you as they are complete with casings that are easily modified to fit the MK2.

This is the link - I think he uses his full name on IMOC

John
    Last edited by Torero; 06-04-2011 at 22:52.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno