Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think the existing kit although well developed doesn't suit the Mk2 lines at all IMO. If you can get something along the lines of the NSX type pop ups:

For even around £300 then you're onto a winner as they'd look spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion paint & bodyworks View Post
    Technicaly speaking, they may also be the first Pent light low rise pop ups. Pent meaning 6, I think thats right? I'll leave it at that untill I have something to show.
    Erm...pent means 5, hex means 6.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

TB Big Member VIP/Donor snowtigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    It could be a cyclops light in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Torero View Post
    Ha, I worried for ages which was which, thanks :)

Tiggs I don't know about the cylops look.

I need some help figuring out the PCB circuit boards if anyone on here has the knowledge, equipment or know how. Then I can get everything together as a unit I can get some photos up.

Still non the wiser on the lighting though, I'll just go with what I have and provide options for other lights to be fitted when I figure out what will or will not work. Having HIDs in them, although possible, is going to be a pain and a lot more pricey with the self levelling and washer system needed to go along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think the existing kit although well developed doesn't suit the Mk2 lines at all IMO. If you can get something along the lines of the NSX type pop ups:

For even around £300 then you're onto a winner as they'd look spot on.
    Thank you, I will bear that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion paint & bodyworks View Post

I need some help figuring out the PCB circuit boards if anyone on here has the knowledge, equipment or know how. Then I can get everything together as a unit I can get some photos up.
    Can I ask what PCB's you'll need for a low rise setup? It's all mechanical setup as far as I know to get the lowrise look. Or is it for going with HID projectors, washers (not really a problem) but with the self levelling you're talking a whole new level of expensive.

Another option may be to look at what other oem manufacturers have done to control self levelling. Maybe if the lights are controlled by a standalone ecu type thing there may be a way of integrating it to work a system you come up with. However how you source/control self levelling motors and get them setup to operate correctly with a custom low rise setup etc will take a whole boatload of development time and money.

I'd keep it simple to be honest and get the best non HID light housings possible, keep them fixed and make a suitable low rise setup and cowling. I was going to do it with a set of Mitsi GTO headlights but time is the big problem for me.

I'm up for some mk.1 low rise quads. It'll save me making some so am looking forward to seeing what you have done. Please don't worry about hids/washers/levelling now - would prefer to see you get these out the door first. Feature creep has killed off many a good project.

I was only voicing my own preference for HIDs earlier that I intend to use in my recently fitted kit, I completely agree with the others that you should forget HIDs and go with good aftermarket ultra white bulbs.

As Lee said, there isn't any requirement for a PCB controller - unless you are providing some additional functionality - as the mechanisms to lift and drop the units and control the lights already exist. What you should be thinking about is making the units cheaper and lighter without compromising on quality.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Can I ask what PCB's you'll need for a low rise setup? It's all mechanical setup as far as I know to get the lowrise look. Or is it for going with HID projectors, washers (not really a problem) but with the self levelling you're talking a whole new level of expensive.

Another option may be to look at what other oem manufacturers have done to control self levelling. Maybe if the lights are controlled by a standalone ecu type thing there may be a way of integrating it to work a system you come up with. However how you source/control self levelling motors and get them setup to operate correctly with a custom low rise setup etc will take a whole boatload of development time and money.

I'd keep it simple to be honest and get the best non HID light housings possible, keep them fixed and make a suitable low rise setup and cowling. I was going to do it with a set of Mitsi GTO headlights but time is the big problem for me.
    The integrated night vision system is what required some simple circuits and boards making up. This is the only complex part and I would really like to get it included to make the kit stand out and just for the coolness of it. I was hoping to house the cameras and lights in with the headlight units. With my background in Physics and Astronomy, and the cooled CCD cameras I have, I'm sure something workable will be found. It already works and is far from expensive when bulding yourself. I just need to test out different wavelengths of Infrared to see what works best and then scale it down to fit the car. We're going with an active Infrared system rather than a thermal imaging one.

I'm keeping it as a seperate system for the time being so a finished set of lights will be quicker. I'll stick what I have on my car and get some images up. Then, if it fits and I can integrate it into the headlights themselves or as a seperate camera, I will do so. Trouble is with the 70 mill projectors there isn't a lot of room.

Quote Originally Posted by coanda View Post
    I'm up for some mk.1 low rise quads. It'll save me making some so am looking forward to seeing what you have done. Please don't worry about hids/washers/levelling now - would prefer to see you get these out the door first. Feature creep has killed off many a good project.
    I'm sure once I've finished this set up a housing and shroud could be made for them to fit a MK1.