Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Flappy Paddle Gear Shift Kits Available For Sale

Flappy Paddle Kits Are Now Available for Sale

The kit is a piggyback unit for the ecu which controls the gearbox to allow manual selection of the gears on automatic gearboxes. It is currently known to work with the MR2, Camry, Soarer and Supra 4 speed auto boxes. This is ideal for anyone wanting to carry out a V6 automatic swap.

The unit currently has 3 modes :
    OFF - OEM ECU in control of geabox
    ROAD - 5 effective gears (4 gears + lockup in 4th)
    RACE - 4 gears with torque converter lockup in 2nd-4th (harsh gear changes drives like a manual sequential)

Price £575 including free fitting for the 4 kits I have available. £30 discount for big members.
    Included in the kit :
    Control Box
    All Connectors
    Fitting and Setup
    Modification of your dashboard to accept a mini 7 segment display as below:

Video of the kit in action.... i'll get a better one made at some point!

I can also provide steering wheel options, steering wheel controls do not require any additional wiring and use the standard horn ring. All that is required is two buttons and two resistors attached to the horn wiring.

Software can be customised to suit your requirements, with up to 4 different modes. Paul Woods can fit these as part of an Auto V6 swap.
    Last edited by Goldy; 12-04-2011 at 00:14.

New photos of the control box, as installed where the armrest glove box normally goes.

TB Small Member VIP/Donor
    That looks superb Simon! I look forward to seeing it (and meeting you of course) when you come and install it on Michael's - hopefully later this month eh!

doube post !

.........must have auto box in mk1.5 o_o

Quote Originally Posted by Whore of Babylon View Post
    .........must have auto box in mk1.5 o_o
    bad idea ....... very bad idea! Speak to mr2big.

An auto box to take turbo power in an MR2 is plenty dollar! (as in over £4000)

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    bad idea ....... very bad idea! Speak to mr2big.

An auto box to take turbo power in an MR2 is plenty dollar! (as in over £4000)
    How much power will the camry auto box take?

a stock mr2 auto melts around the 220 mark - a standard healthy rev1 will kill it (Michael did 2 in less than 30 minutes). Pretty sure the cammie box will do well over 300 but how to work the electrical side of it all is beyond me. My guess is to go full stand-alone with your GCU and use the 3sgte for the engine?

Quote Originally Posted by dgh938peg View Post
    a stock mr2 auto melts around the 220 mark - a standard healthy rev1 will kill it (Michael did 2 in less than 30 minutes). Pretty sure the cammie box will do well over 300 but how to work the electrical side of it all is beyond me. My guess is to go full stand-alone with your GCU and use the 3sgte for the engine?
    Aye my thoughts exactly, it was one of the reasons to develop the kit, i'm interested to get my hands on one of the newer rav4 / avensis 5/6 speed auto boxes and see what I can do with that!

Pending
    Blog Entries
    A stock auto gearbox really starts suffering at 200hp, we had 2 auto gearbox totally cooked at 240/250hp in 30mins of mapping.

A Level 10 gearbox will do 500hp and take about four weeks to get here, USA shipping, UK tax, will take you up to about 4K.

I then had the ECU problem to sorting out and went down the route of an Omex 710 http://www.roverdose.co.uk/engineMan/OMEX710 to run engine management and gearbox. Omex,s own technical team had the car and Northampton motorsport engineers for the day to try and adapt the software. Very very expensive conversion not recommended.

Ryan (2 Bar-tuning) came up with a much simpler solution, keep the original ECU to manage auto gearbox and piggyback supra ECU for management.

You have to remember the Camry auto gearbox on the 1- MZ does not fit the engine bay of a MK2 . I think Dan cut out 50mm of my car chassis to get in.

The Camry auto gearbox according to the USA websites will easily do 300hp + (will let you know shortly )

Michael