Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    What happened to the 4age rebuilt engine for this on the stand?

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Quote Originally Posted by nik View Post
    yes tiggs you have a 2gr we get it already lol!!

so we should see your power steering package on this one too with 9s up front?
    Tiggs has a 2gr Mk1? Why wasn't i told about this! Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Yes matey i'm putting my power steering upgrade onto this one too, it's bloody fantastic even if i do say so myself. I tried lock to lock with the 9s on the front and it's still surprisingly light, but heavier than stock, so the PS mod will go on anyway just because it can really.

Tiggs the PS mod requires some dash cutting and heater box fettling, it's not a plug and play thing, let me get a few jobs out of the way and we can talk about getting yours done (the one you allegedly have a 2gr fitted to)

Adam you hit the nail on the head there, a 1mz Mk1 is a really great car, with VVti it's a screamer, not as mental as a 2gr Mk1 (although i doubt they even exist), but far less weighty and loooaaads of torque. You cannot beat a 3s-gte Mk1 for outright power though, i still love them, but in my old age i'm finding smooth torque delivery my bag.

Yep Diran, it's a disease mate, no known cure.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
    What happened to the 4age rebuilt engine for this on the stand?
    I sold it mate, the lure of the V6 was too great.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Is it just bodywork that needs sorting on the V8?

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Yep, and a bit of arch liner welding, small floor patches and finding a way to mount the rear ARB. The V8 is more of a showpiece showing how far this crazy Mr2 engine swap stuff can go, but it doesn't make an especially good car, i wouldn't fancy driving 500 miles in it, so it will always be a novelty act, i'll never sell it or give up on it, but i also need a Mk1 i can drive, and get more involved with as a useable car. I've driven the V8 and it scares the crap out of me, which is its job really.

I hope that makes sense!

TB Big Member VIP/Donor snowtigger's Avatar
    You fitted it mate and the biggest pic is on your bloody website, can't wait for some big mods this year all to help get the power down.

And I get we're your coming from as the 2gr is a bit full on for every day driving, us oldsters need a quite car every now and again.

What's this project going to be called? I thought the baboons bum is a good name for it as its red what do other people think?

Strangest coincidence Paul - my PC racing nick and XBL tag is NoKnownCure! Takes one to know one I guess heh. Good luck !

TB Big Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Tiggs has a 2gr Mk1? Why wasn't i told about this! Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Yes matey i'm putting my power steering upgrade onto this one too, it's bloody fantastic even if i do say so myself. I tried lock to lock with the 9s on the front and it's still surprisingly light, but heavier than stock, so the PS mod will go on anyway just because it can really.

Tiggs the PS mod requires some dash cutting and heater box fettling, it's not a plug and play thing, let me get a few jobs out of the way and we can talk about getting yours done (the one you allegedly have a 2gr fitted to)

Adam you hit the nail on the head there, a 1mz Mk1 is a really great car, with VVti it's a screamer, not as mental as a 2gr Mk1 (although i doubt they even exist), but far less weighty and loooaaads of torque. You cannot beat a 3s-gte Mk1 for outright power though, i still love them, but in my old age i'm finding smooth torque delivery my bag.

Yep Diran, it's a disease mate, no known cure.
    Look you spam javelin never mind ignoring me, get the bloody v8 finished.

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    I've driven the V8 and it scares the crap out of me, which is its job really.
    First in the queue to volunteer my services to drive it JAE for you.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Quote Originally Posted by MRV6 View Post
    Look you spam javelin never mind ignoring me, get the bloody v8 finished.
    Can only repeat the above!