Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

The WS kitchen door assister mod

One of the coolest discoveries we've made, gone are the days of spending £40 or £50 on an Mr2 engine lid gas ram lifter kit.

I took a punt on these cabinet door assister rams, at £2 each i wasn't expecting a lot, especially for new items!

They are the perfect length to attach to both the Mk1 side panel and engine lid hinge, order two 120nm ones, they come with everything you need and took 5 minutes to install after drilling a few simple holes....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3210840599...84.m1439.l2649

Perfect lid assistance, they look exactly right, and at a total cost of £4.

I could have marketed these as full kit and kept the parts a secret, but it's about giving back to the community, enjoy!!

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

TB Small Member
    nice find! ordered 2x80Nm with exclusive shipping that doubled the price but still, it's very very good price :)

TB Big Member VIP/Donor snowtigger's Avatar
    would you say the ws engine lid is a lot lighter than standard or just buy the 120 ones?

Could this work on the mk2?

I'm disappointed. I was expecting a turbocharged quick-opening kitchen door.

And we get this.

That is properly cool.

I expected to see some fancy beer delivery system, but this is also cool. I would like some of those. Going to shop around on this side of the pond. Great find!!

Nice one Paul! Bought!

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtigger View Post
    would you say the ws engine lid is a lot lighter than standard or just buy the 120 ones?
    The TD lid is possibly a tad heaver mate, but 120nm ones will be fine, the stock lid was actually holding up ok on just one ram, but two are better, looks better too.

Never tried them on a Mk2 yet Karl, you could always make a cardboard mounting bracket for them :)

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here