Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Don't do replica's but make an exception for this one.

TB Small Member
    omg that thing is unbelievable... is there a build thread for it or what???? I need to know mooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrre!!!

I just made a sex wee.. This is literally my all time favourite car and my favourite replica !

Hello All, Names Rob and I am the owner/Builder of this Listerbell rolling chassis that Paul is working on, Hopefully when he has worked his magic it will be a powered chassis not just a pushing chassis. Thanks for your kind comments, The Stratos has always been a dream of mine since I first saw one in the 70s. It's taken me this long to get the time and money to realise it. There is a build thread of sorts but unfortunately it's on the Stratos Enthusiasts Club site and you have to be a member to view. I wanted to go a different route to other replicas (not sure what to call it really because apart from the body it isn't a replica, personally I think the best reference to it is a Component Supercar) hence my collaboration with Woodsport and decision to use the Toyota V6 motor. Most people use the Alfa V6 which though a good engine is getting old and has nowhere near the horsepower of the Toyota Engine which is also lighter and more modern. This is the first Listerbell to use this engine (It won't be the last) and therefore has been developed as the build has progressed by Craig at Listerbell. The mantle has now gone over to Paul development wise to make it work on stock ECU in something other than a Toyota, Has that even been done before?, be interested to know. If anyone is interested in building one or just wants to know anything will be happy to answer questions. Hopefully Paul will update things as he's going along for me as well as you.

Good luck to you on the build mate, but you're in good hands with Paul.

Well Hello Rob, that thing is staggeringly awesome. I want to build one. I'm interested in a parts list and the diagrams & plans for the chassis and body. I'm sure the "kits" are expensive, so I would like to build my own. Is it possible to get a hold of that stuff?

Hi Rob, good man, you're pretty much building my childhood dream. I've been doing research for a long time and agree with you that the Lister Bell is more like a modernised version of the car. I looked at the Hawk Hf kit for a long time as it was the best looking replica but the chassis and suspension are old fashioned now and donor parts are difficult to get. Out of interest if you don't mind telling me, how much is the kit from Lister Bell?

Would think it wouldn't be easy to build from scratch, there isn't really a parts list as its all built bespoke, it isn't a kit car it doesn't have a donor apart from the engine/gearbox and a small amount of parts from a Fiat X19 as per the original. If you look on the Listerbell website the car components are broken down into different sections which you can buy as packs, To build one with the Alfa engine would cost around 30 grand. A real one has just sold for 430,000 euro, so 30 grand is probably a bargain :-)

Well it's probably the coolest thing I have seen on the internet in many years. Please post updates and videos when you are out driving it. Simply stunning.

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Not a lot to report other than i'm knee deep in wiring.

ECU mounted on its own alloy panel, COR mounted beside that, fusebox being terminated as we speak.... it's a slow process on such a meticulous car.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here