Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

The Twobrutal swap

So, i like my swaps, who would have guessed! Especially first time ones, they really get my juices flowing, tackling all of the issues and problems as i go, i enjoy that more than anything.

I've built loads of car/engine combos that hadn't been done before, but my next one i am going to leave completely up to you, the members, to decide what it should be, there will be a few set criteria because i have some parts i want to use on the next build, but other than that somebodies suggestion will be the car i end up building.

The outline is as follows....

1. Must be front engined, rear wheel drive, i have an Altezza gearbox that must be used on the next project.
    2. Engine ideally needs to be a 1mz/3mz or at a push, 2gr. Possibly Lexus V8 too.
    3. Nothing too exotic, the subject car needs to be under £1500.... not necessarily a Jap car either.

Other than that anything goes, so fire away, if i get lots of suggestions i'll start a poll and put it to the vote.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Also the subject car needn't be front engined/RWD orignally, as long as it can be converted to that layout.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Love to see a Herald or Vitesse packing a 1UZ. Might struggle to find one for £1500 though. Or RX8 as already discussed a few times.

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    All suggestions welcome.... that gets the ball rolling, the poll winner will be the car i build, or try to build!

1. Herald V8
    2. Vitesse V8
    3. Rx8 V8

Another vote for v8 rx8

Was about to suggest a Capri...until I saw the price! Should have kept my old 2.0S I sold in '93 for £900 - would be worth about £4k now!

What about something like an iconic 70s Rally car replica but with a space frame chassis possibly in red, shove a Toyota v6 in it but make it four wheel drive, there's a challenge!!

TB Small Member
    a reliant robin, with a 2gr....

I should get me coat, the bus will be here soon Im sure
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

TB Big Member
    MX-5 V8 or MGB V8 1UZ or MGF V6 or Rover SD1 1UZ or crown V8 or X1/9 V6 or something off the wall like a Lada V8

TB Small Member
    Toyota celica T18 cabriolet/convertible? Open top cruising with a v6 soundtrack