Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051 LastLast
    Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    So browsing the web I found someone who has already done what I am doing by extending the TRD to make a super widebody.
    I have to say I love the look, I won't be extending the sideskirts outboard like they have done, but it's the same look on the wings and quarter panels...

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Must admit I was prepared to think this was a bit too 'rad' for my traditional taste, but this changes my opinions and I totally get why this gets your creative juices on the move. (not sure about the rear spoiler on this one?) Even like the yellow - somehow suits the almost Lamboesque look .Can't wait to see your version, Sir !

Quote Originally Posted by Little Deuce Coupe View Post
    (not sure about the rear spoiler on this one?)!
    Now strangely enough although I believe it should be a hanging offence not to have a spoiler on an MR2 & I'm not normally a fan of a BGW, I have a concern that the ducktail might be a little too subtle, however I will reserve my judgement, Paul normally proves me wrong.

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Yeah I agree, the BGW on that yellow one is not working for me at all, it remains to be seen if my subtle duck tail is going to be enough to pull off the look I am going for..... I think the F40 lid helps with that part of the styling.

Nice seeing someone else with the same kind of vision though.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Ok so following a few nudges from people to update the project we decided to put a few hours into the car.
    I've managed to source a second hand Yellow speed racing big brake conversion kit, these feature 6 pot front calipers on 325mm bell mounted discs, and a 300mm four pot rear caliper with integrated spot brake caliper for the handbrake, pretty cool, although it all does need a good clean up and servicing before fitting.
    Old v new....

Integrated spot brake.... this allows me to use any size rear caliper I like.

Quick trial fit to check wheel clearance...

So we put a few hours into the bodywork, still a very long way to go, but the basic extended TRD wing shape is getting closer, I love the new 944'esque shape to the panels, and looking forward to smoothing off the sharp swage edge they currently have, but they need to stay for reference until the last minute.

I have plans to have these panels possibly molded in future so that a customer could have an extended TRD kit fitted and also for my own use.

As you can see, working with P40 and filler is a time consuming and messy job.

Bowed wider shape much nicer than the slab sided TRD panel in my opinion....

Front wing shaping up nicely...

There's about 20-30 hours left in this side of the car before high build primer goes on.

It's a hard slog but she will get there one day!

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    So it's been 6 months since I worked on my super widebody Evora S spec project, so decided to blow the cobwebs off it and get it outside for a walk around view of how it looks so far. It's the first time we've been able to study the lines from a distance. I think we're pretty much happy once the wing edges are rounded off.

Sex wee
    JFDI

I like that more than I thought i would after seeing the yellow one, I’m thinking a ducktail like the one pictured my finish the whole look off a treat! Good work, very inspiring!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good Paul. The lines of the car look great.
    Mk2 2GR-FE Trackday Weapon. Taxed, MOT'ed and insured! She's finished!

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Thanks Nick, we're very happy with the basic shape and stance of the car even in its basic form, still a ton of work to do of course but it will look pretty good when finished I think.