Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Keeping it black, colour changes take too much effort.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

you think the eb6* conversion is easier or harder than the EA6* conversion ? More or less custom bits ?

Quote Originally Posted by gavsdavs View Post
    you think the eb6* conversion is easier or harder than the EA6* conversion ? More or less custom bits ?
    Interested in this too!!

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    Same amount of custom bits really . I will be jigging everything up for mass production, I cannot cure the EA gear rattle issue so the EB will be the choice to get a kit out there.

Downside is gearing isn't as long and not as strong internally, but stronger than the S series which I've used before, also all units need to come from the USA.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

So what models does the EB come in?

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    The 2010 onwards scion TC and the 2010 on Camry, USDM models only

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    The camry has longer 4th,5th and 6th gears than the scion, but I'm putting the camry 6th into the scion box.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods View Post
    Downside is gearing isn't as long and not as strong internally, but stronger than the S series which I've used before, also all units need to come from the USA.
    That they come from the US is unfortunate, yes.

In all fairness, one could say the EA61 6th is too long. 2800@100mph is nice, but it'll never reach 220mph. It might reach the 170mph of 6250 in 5th with a very very long run up.

The EA61 may be strong but it probably also comes with a weight penalty.

I wonder why Toyota aren't bringing the EB* to any UK cars.

Woodsport VIP/Donor
    They actually do, that basic Aisin transmission appears in a few mitsubishis and various other cars but without a starter housing on the gearbox side, the scion tc is the only one that works without issue.

TB Small Member
    Like the look of that Paul,nice charger on the top,is this something you could do to my gr when you install it ,thanks Stu.