Thread: Xmas meet up

Xmas meet up

Thought we should try and get some plans down for a xmas meet up/dinner date and possibly look to book something.

Dates, presumably a saturday i can do 21st november or any in December bar the 5th.

Location, i was thinking probably somewhere around the bottom of the m40/m4 area, maybe reading, high wycombe or henley on Thames if were feeling posh or somewhere away if people are happy with that

Venue, id imagine a curry house but im open to suggestions

All are welcome including partners

We'll be up for it too - I'd leave venue as "open to suggestions" depending on the people coming.
    I hate all southerners. As a point of reference, I'm stood at the north pole.

Birmingham was always a good halfway destination so the northerners could get there reasonably, tb never came to madchester though they did go to Leeds once.
    There's a lot of choice if your going curry mile or into China town or you could go posh and eat at Jamie Oliver's Italian in the bank vault downstairs which is highly entertaining but not for those of claustrophobia.

Good suggestions guys, I think we'd be up for this but depending on the location it would probably be with an overnight stay.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Overnight stays are better anyway - Travelodges are filthy cheap these days.

ill be overnighting anyway there's no way im going out for a xmas bash and sticking to two pints.

how do the dates i listed work for everyone else?
    Last edited by thomp1983; 23-09-2015 at 17:14.

the dates work (so far) fine for me. Although I should point out that my work means that things can be ever so slightly chaotic, making fixing dates in a diary somewhat interesting!

Well we could just all pile round yours jeff and you can treat us to some more of yours and traceys fantastic cooking instead

Somewhere we can reasonably all get a train to would be a good suggestion. Either that or what about renting a cottage or something for a weekend?

Don't mention cottaging to Chris, he'll get overly excited....