Icon12 newbie to the forum from south wales

hey guys
    just a quick one to introduce myself and my rev1 tubby..
    my name is shayne and the tubby in question is my second rev1 import with one difference... this one is a turbo

the story on the car so far is this...

i bought the car from a gentleman who had left it under a tree for the best part of a decade.... i spent a few weekends smashing knuckles and bleeding to replace a mass of parts including having to drop the tank out of her as well as dropping the tank out of my old tubby to get to my 255lph pump because the original had seized solid.. and doing a few other bits to get her a ticket on it which to my surprise after all the work only had a single advisory on it (tyre close to legal limit).. now shes on the road im far too used to the power :( but being a rev1 im looking at a rev3+ management conversion to run some decent power (ANY INFO OR SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED).

the list of plans is seemingly endless but i will be sure to keep the build documented!!

14192781_10157240404230062_5425086769176989056_n.jpg

Welcome, nice looking car

Chris

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Welcome Shane, good to have you here. My brother (wood_patrick) lives in Neath if you ever need any MR2 related help with anything.

Aftermarket management seems to be the way to go; never owned a turbo myself, i'm way too addicted to V6 engines. You might also want to take a snoot at this......

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...light=jon+sole

Oh and more pics, c'mon dont be shy.

Chris.

Welcome buddy, nice looking car you have there

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Hello and welcome to the club matey!

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Sorry I meant Shayne. Stupid autocorrect just doesn't help some days........

i dont have many respectable pictures at the moment the engine is out sorting snapped studs and bolts from getting to the hose from hell..... its not all doom and gloom as it gives me a chance to do some other little bits in the bay but as soon as shes in a decent condition and most importantly clean again i will get some up, may have to give your brother a shout and pick his brains at some point. it cant hurt to get as much info and opinions as possible

shayne

thanks to all who are complimenting the car too

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Aftermarket management seems to be the way to go; never owned a turbo myself, i'm way too addicted to V6 engines. You might also want to take a snoot at this......

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/forum/sho...light=jon+sole

Chris.

i have heard about these rom boards but for the plans i have it would make more sense to go with an aftermarket engine management conversion... that way i can bolt parts on and then get to mapping, im not the best with computer wizardry so best leave it to the pros so to speak
    shayne.