Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    My opinion if I may..

€5000 is a lot of coin in any currency. It's one thing spending that much on a project over a period of time, but to pony up that amount in one hit takes a great deal of trust and a great deal of vision. And usually permission from the wife.

Is the MR2 included, because it wasn't clear to me. Gav mentioned it but I think it needs clarification if it is, plus some more detail about the car.

Also back when you bought the 2GR and started amassing all the bits and pieces, these engines were near impossible to find on the UK, which is why the first few group buys were well supported. Now we are starting to see these engines appear in the UK from smashed up RX450's and alike, which means they will start to become more common, and the price will go down. That's just my opinion, but the last group buy Paul Woods tried to organise was not sufficiently supported, so I guess that means that interest has gone off the boil a bit.

Sorry to disagree with Gav, but I'm not sure hanging on to it longer will make it go up in value a great deal either, unless you sit on it for 25 years and it's super collectable by then.

I think your best course of action to recover your spend would be to build it. It's going to be worth £7000 plus depending on the detail of the finished car.

You could break up the whole lot, but you may find you are left with some stuff for a while.

Hope this proves insightful.

Chris.

I appreciate your opinion Chris, it is exactly what i asked for.

Car is not included, also it is LHD.

I am open for offers on either the engine + harness + ecu or the total package (-car).

Richard

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    I've passed on a message to someone who tried to buy my 2GR a while back, will let you know if it goes anywhere.

Is the MR2 for sale? I'm on the lookout for a lefty!

:)

Chris.

Thanks for the mediation Chris.

Please dont ask me to sell my baby, i got loads of time and money invested and even bought her a house.

I can hook you up to a friend who auto crosses MR2s and always have a few in stock of you want?

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    That would be great. I will pm you.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Sorry to disagree with Gav, but I'm not sure hanging on to it longer will make it go up in value a great deal either, unless you sit on it for 25 years and it's super collectable by then.
    Sorry, no, that's not what I meant. What I meant was - serious buyers willing to front £5k for a full kit do exist, but they don't come round often and you'll have to be patient.

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Ah right, sorry misunderstood!

I was scratching my chin for a minute tho trying to figure out how I could sell the idea to the missus. I suspect other people are too!

You should advertise this a bit wider Richard, as Gav said, try IMOC as they also have the international clubs there as well. Put ads in places like Driftworks as well and on the MR2OC. It may take a little patience but I'm sure it will sell particularly with the header kit and non-immobilised ECU.

John.

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Thanks for all your input guys.

It feels wrong to join a forum just for advertising. If anyone feels like mentioning this 2GR bundle on IMOC please do.

I will post on MR2OC if Chris his contact does not show interest.

Richard

TB Small Member
    I'll pop it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk