Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adverts

Adverts

I'm seeing adverts why is that? if this is the way forward I'll be off faster than the proverbial from a shovel

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    I think it was since the Tapatalk update.

C.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Throwing dummy from pram, don't use tapatallk anymore since all they do is spam you with shit & make it difficult to block stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
    I'm seeing adverts why is that? if this is the way forward I'll be off faster than the proverbial from a shovel
    We're testing Google adsense. Yes it is the way forward as we simply don't have a sustainable club. It's been financed since 2004 by myself, membership fees and donations. I'm hoping the club is bigger than the inconvenience from two adverts. I've spent hundreds of pounds of my own money not to mention the unpaid man hours keeping the club going, sadly even I can't continue to do that.
    Adverts might only bring in a small amount each year but it all helps.
    The last time we had a donation drive no one donated!
    Once the system has been ironed out I'm planning on adverts not being visible for subscribers.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sorry Nik I appreciate all you have done for the club, but for me adverts for paid members is a complete none starter & a show stopper.

Blog Entries
    Thanks mate. Like I say the plan is to only have them visible to non membership groups but it may take a few weeks to implement so don't go anywhere.

Just looked on Paypoo & my membership has been claimed twice this year, on both 13th & 14th January Transactions 25C814017T879211U & 3S224085SY166261V which adds insult to injury that I've twice to view adverts I don't want to see.

Blog Entries
    Refund on its way.

Thanks Nik, don't take this the wrong way as it is unrelated to the changes that are occurring but how do I stop it being an automatic renewal, I maybe an old fart , but apart from adverts a bigger bugbear I have is recurring payments, to the extent I will not insure a car, the house or take out any policy or package that using a recurring annual payment system, had I realised twobrutal used one I would have screamed loudly at the time. It's my money I decide when & how it's spent.

Soon enough you won't be able to take a shit without someone beaming an advert for loo roll to the back of the smart chip they will have installed behind your retina which also reads your thoughts.
    Adverts may be the way forward... If it helps running, and don't forget the purpose of advertising, 1% of users might find said product useful! Infact... True story... I got a 8 draw tool chest on mad wheels from SGS engineering for like £80 because of a spammy ad.. When I was literally just about to buy a 2nd hand one for £100

And if the adverts for something I don't care about, I just ignore it!