Thread: First post

TB Small Member

First post

Seeing as nobody else has posted in here....

Here's the car I bought a month or two before I drove my MR2 for the last time. I made me realise that chasing performance (aka big power figures) in the MR2 was pointless; it would never be as quick as my new 'daily driver'. Yes it's a barge, yes it's not the most interesting thing to drive, but it is really, really fast and it does it all day long without having to worry about the temperature gauge, bits falling off, etc etc modified car stuff.

Not long after the MR2, which has always suffered from overheating issues, let me down AGAIN on a blast out and was consigned to storage where it has sat until a couple of weeks ago... and damn the MR2 scene has gone quiet since I last frequented these forums!

Anyway, not really sure what the point of this post is other than to be one of the first in this forum. Feel free to call me any names you feel appropriate for defecting to the dark side of German cars!

Note: please ignore the dodgy extra aerial. This was taken on the way to Le Mans a few years ago and, as anyone who has done that road trip will tell you, it is sensible to be one step ahead of what is going on ahead of you.

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Nice. Still miss my Nazi Staff Wagon, only sold it because the company i used to work fro (since left) insisted that i actually used my car allowance. Replaced it with a Mokka, which i cant knock, but a 200Bhp 6 bang mental diesel it aint.

TB Small Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwood2010 View Post
    Nice. Still miss my Nazi Staff Wagon, only sold it because the company i used to work fro (since left) insisted that i actually used my car allowance. Replaced it with a Mokka, which i cant knock, but a 200Bhp 6 bang mental diesel it aint.
    Nice car! I would really like one of the previous generation ones, W124 I think it's called. In a coupe though.

Seems they have reached classic status these days though and prices reflect. Should have bought one when I first thought of it a few years ago!