Icon12 St165 twin pot brake calipers

Afternoon gents. I'm looking at upgrading the brakes on my mk1 v6 I'm thinking the st165 calipers are my best option as I don't do track days just country lane runs. Does anyone have a spare set laying around also if there's a 15/16 master cylinder going spare I'll happily take it.
    Thanks

TB Big Member VIP/Donor
    Hi Angpozzuto

I realise my post is not the most helpful. But I must share my experience for the sake of my mental health.

Back in 2012 or 2013, I was hunting for some twinpot GT4 calipers. They were fitted to both ST165 and early ST185. I preferred these over the ST185 conversion because:

• I do not weld
    • I do not drill holes in my brake discs

It took me months to find a set eventually in... ...Malaysia.

I had to import them.

Joyfully though, they just bolt on with a strategically placed washer to move them outboard 2mm.

The place in Malasia was WCTS Multiservizi or something like that.

OK - rambling now. Beer talking. Point is, you might have to think laterally to get hold of a set these days.

Good luck
    DW

Thanks for your input d2w. I've seen them listed on the tcb website so hopefully they'll have a set in stock if I can't get them anywhere else. If it becomes too much of a struggle I could go for the wms kit but it seems like overkill to me.

TB Small Member
    Still a few of them around over here(complete cars)....want stupid money for them though
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

TB Small Member
    Still a few of them around over here(complete cars)....want stupid money for them though

And a few 1990 St185's being parted....is that early enough?
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

Quick question can the st185 single pots be used with the 258mm mk1 discs or will I need to get a set of st185 discs redrilled