Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tasty Tin Top MK2 arrives at the BodgeLair!

So this arrived on Saturday. Minty Rev2, suffered a cam belt snap on the way back from the MOT, and subsequent abandonment after the crank pulley removal caused more damage.

Some assembly is required. And by assembly I mean chuck the 3S-GE in the bin and fit a nice fat V6 in there.

:)

Black looks like the in colour then.

Quote Originally Posted by rainen View Post
    Black looks like the in colour then.
    Black is the "correct" colour.

The Shitbox two next to it is dirty blue ;)

TinTops rock

“Where I'm going is not nearly as important as what I'm driving to get there.”
    ― Jay Leno

Never owned a tin top before. Mellony is super excited!

;)

So after looking at this car for a while, I dragged it into the BodgeLair and Patrick @ya_crow and meself pulled the engine out at a leisurely pace.

I've got a spare 3S-GE on a trolley so the plan is to do a quick turnaround and get the car back up and running again. The suspension has all gone back on for now so the car can go back outdoors for a bloody good pressure wash.

The car still has MOT, so as soon as it's running it can go back on the road without too much hassle!

Splashed out 30 English punts on a winch off of the eBay, dragged the black tintop back in and stuffed another 3S-GE back in!

Should be back running on the morrow!

Here's some fairly uninteresting pics. :)

Hurrah! Another two rescued and back on its feet. Couple of tidy up jobs and my usual paranoid bolt check and I think this bad boy will be up for sale. It's nearly 100% original (as in not modded), doesn't look to have ever been welded, and aside from "age related shit" it's not a bad car. Hope it well get appreciated for many years to come.

Patrick "YaCrow" came over last weekend with his big polishing mop to make the tintop nice and shiney. I also swapped the wheels out for a tasty set. Today it came out of the garage. Next it's getting some attention on the inside too!

Smart work dude, hows the Dino coming along?