TB Small Member

Previous AW-11b owner, long time TB member, looking to start an interesting project

Hi guys and girls!

Been a member on here for a good while but never posted and rarely visited. Recently moved to sunny Spanish Prades Mountains. Now looking to start a project within the next 12-24 months (I don't do things quickly - I run a business or three, have three kids, a dog, a wife etc...).

Plan is to get hold of an LHD AW-11b and fit something a little different (if I can make it work) or go the 1mz route and therefore stick with Toyota gear throughout. Ideally looking for a tintop (I know they're super rare and possibly not even available in LHD, maybe someone could confirm that..?)

I owned an AW-11 way back in 99-03/04 (I forget) and really regret selling the vehicle (of course), but at the time it was surplus to requirements. I was an active member of the mark 1 MR2 club (SE branch), but the website is now down. I used to meet up with Steve Kingsnorth, Pete with a white tintop (loved that car) and Alan the club secretary quite regularly.

Great to see Lauren's still about! I remember her from the early 2000s on the forums! What an amazing font of knowledge she is. Does she still have that orange monster, I wonder..?

This seems like such a good forum with a lot of international members, and it's great to see so many active enthusiastic folk on here and (dare I say it) an almost total lack of trolling. Seems a warm and relaxed place to hang out anyway...!

All the best for now, and stay safe everyone!

Mick

TB Small Member
    Just dug out an old image of the old car I owned, reg G989 SGW. Be interested to see if it's still about as well (!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

The MK1 club is still on the go, got a new website since those days http://www.mr2mk1club.com/content.php Steve and quite a few older members are still on the go. Lauren didn't have the orange car, that was either tonigmr2 or mr2mk1chick IIRC
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

TB Small Member
    Hi Jimi

Thanks for the info on the yellow mini/AW11 mongrel. Yeah, i think it was mr2mark1chick I'm thinking of. Lauren I definitely remember though as well.

Good to hear that Steve and Alan are still around ( "older members" heeheehee....)

That website is never accessible, shame. Mind you, the old one was always a bit clunky as I recall.

cheers

mick

Must be something at your end, it works fine for me.
    It runs on the same software as this forum (vb64) and it's well maintained, far cry from the old website
    Jimi

Quote Originally Posted by urbanatelier View Post
    Just dug out an old image of the old car I owned, reg G989 SGW. Be interested to see if it's still about as well (!)
    It may well be gone, it was last taxed 2005, MOT expired 2008, doesn't appear to be SORN'd
    Jimi

TB Small Member
    can't get access on wifi or 3g here in spain, tried on multiple devices and computers and across chrome/safari/IE/firefox. must have a look next time I'm in the UK next time I guess..

TB Small Member
    DVLA - never thought of looking!