Thread: Image troubles

Image troubles

I attempting to start a project thread for my v6 build but am having trouble uploading photos for it.
    I have tried the Insert image button in the options but when i click "Select files" nothing happens.
    I have tried the basic uploader but it says that the image is too big (2.15mb)

I have always used the [IMG] [/IMG] function on the MR2OC forum but when i tried it on here in preview post the image hasnt been resized and doesnt fit.

Do i need to resize photos before uploading them?

I have also tried the TB image hosting but after registering at lunch i havnt recieved an email yet. Im pretty sure the email i used was correct as it used the one in my autofill.

Am i missing something obvious?

Hi Martin, my build thread has about 50% on TwoBrutal image hosting until I ran out of space. That system works great. Once I ran out of space I moved over to google pictures which is free. If you look towards the back end of my thread you will see the instructions Jimi sent me to get that working. Basically you get the picture up on google and then copy the link. In the thread hit the insert image button, select URL and paste the link then untick the box. It should then appear in your post if you do a preview (in advanced post mode). Either system will work fine and you don’t need to do anything with the uploaded pictures. All of my pictures were taken on my iPhone.

Ah that seems to work better, I have been trying to use google drive and it didn't auto resize. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainen View Post
    If you look towards the back end of my thread you will see the instructions Jimi sent me to get that working. Basically you get the picture up on google and then copy the link. In the thread hit the insert image button, select URL and paste the link then untick the box. It should then appear in your post if you do a preview (in advanced post mode).
    Page 17

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Google Photos works OK for me. Go to google photo's, select the image you want to post, right click on it and select "copy image location" In the post click the insert image icon, select URL and untick the retrieve image box, past the image location into the address box and click OK
    et voilą
    Jimi
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Thanks for that jimi, it appears that while the photo appears mahosive in the preview it actually resizes it when the post is submited so crisis averted.