Thread: Project Blade

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2

Project Blade

A first time conversion for us, this car actually exists from the factory but so rare and unobtainable that our customer needs us to build him one.

The patient is a Toyota Auris D4D, and the weapon of choice is a 2gr-fe!

Now believe it or not the Auris is available in Japan with a 2gr already fitted to it, and it is called the Toyota Blade, all i can say is what a car that must be.

So we won't be able to order Blade conversion parts because things are slightly different to a Uk D4D model, wiring looms etc, so this will be a bespoke one off.

Lots of pics etc coming soon....

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

We could by the blade(was 4 pot) or blade master(2gr) here....still kinda heavy at 1600kg though, which is a lot for a corolla

If it was a couple hundred kg lighter......
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

What gearbox - doesn't the blademaster have slushbox ?
    Great idea but a bit pricey for a sleeper. Home grown or commissioned by a client ?

EA61 that comes in the d4d, a customer has asked us to build it after being turned away countless times.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

So this is what a D4D engine bay looks like first thing on Monday morning.....

And this is what it looks like on Monday afternoon....

That's a pretty big bay once all of the crap is out of the way, time to insert some 2gr goodness.

nice work! carrry on....