Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Thanks Lee, shame i will never get to use the "rotate-a-jig" ever again, i enjoyed doing that, might keep it on the shelf though in case some nutter decides to throw a v6 into an Altezza.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

I'd contemplate it, but more like a v6 Morris minor.....Ill get my coat....

It's either that or an sr20det....but the det motors are going for about $4-5k(like seriously, they have all been thrashed)....better to just up the displacement...
    Last edited by sketchy; 20-02-2018 at 07:53.
    of course I dont care, your a muppet!!!

I think the only restriction here is the availability of Altezza gearboxes/diffs etc , not easy to find cheaply.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

There are so many here, like 6 or so within 0.5km of my house....always getting kerb love, and beaten.

Really? I've found the UK gets a shit selection of cars compared to the rest of the world, especially Japanese, we never got the Mr2 turbo for one..... a disgrace.

So i've been writing build threads and blogs on mine and customers cars for best part of 20 years now, and find the basic fabrication stage with oily engines and rough cut metal doesn't really interest readers that much, it's only when you start to paint things and make it all pretty that they come out of the woodwork, people are magpies i guess!

So at this stage i have no shiney shiney to show you but for me the raw fabrication and mock up stage is the really enjoyable part, templating brackets and getting everything to fit with all of the challenges and solutions required are the best bits for me, the making everything pretty stage is ok i guess, that's the part that rewards your efforts with a good looking result, but give me a grinder, plasma cutter and a welder and i'm a very happy man.

Here are the left and right engine mounting brackets tacked up in situ, they are sitting on 1976 Ford Capri bobbins (they were new and cheap) , Rover V8 ones are also ten a penny.

I had to cut the right side mounting bracket off the chassis and Tig weld it further towards the front of the car as the block mounting holes on each side are not equidistant.

Once removed, these will be seam welded, holes plasma cut in them to reduce their weight, planished off, shot blasted and powder coated.

The engine in the sweet spot.... note my car moving solution, the pallet truck also allows me to jack it all up 3" or so.

Next up is gearbox mount and diff hanging.

I'd much rather the bodge and fab stuff, making pretty is good,but making something great from scraps and bits that don't belong is far more fun.

Built not bought....

While it is nice to look at something pretty, I love all the detail and fabrication that goes into your projects so definitely keep up the not so pretty stuff too.