Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hello

Hi all,
    My first car was an 86 MR2, and I have been looking for another one for the past few years. About a month ago I found a local 89 NA with a blown engine.
    I spent a lot of time on this site researching swaps and a lower mileage 16v 4age showed up for sale locally. So, I am putting in the stock motor as we speak.

I am planning to swap in a 2arfe eventually, but it might be a year or two.

Thanks for all the info available on the forum.

Durham, UK birthplace of the 1.5,v6 and v8 Mr2
    Welcome to TB, any help or advice you need just ask.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

First question is has anyone found a combination of stock/hybrid axles to work with the EB62 transmission?

Yes, me! The EB60/62 conversion into a Mk2 is my invention.

Stock Mr2 turbo driveshafts can be used and will work as normal in the right side, on the left side the shaft is attached to my stub axle which is one of the conversion parts needed to make it work.

I am currently working on the kit to make the EB feasible for home fitting, and the mounts are being produced now.

TB Quote of the month:"I split my ear open whilst masturbating" - Jasper Full story Here

Clarification- I am looking for the AW11 conversion... are they the same width?

Yes same shafts but the outer CV joint would be a st185

Paul, what parts are you developing and what will apply to the aw11 swap?

I'm developing everything to make the EB60 work in the mk2, not for the mk1 though as there isn't a demand for it.

Given you the special TB thumbs up for that pic, super clean looking Mk1 too.