Another bloody gearbox.....

Note to self. If your speedo drive breaks off and plops into the gearbox, it's probably an idea to stop driving the car.

Time for an upgrade.

Ah the famous gold plated gearbox. Extended 5th gear and MRS LSD if I remember right. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by byrney1984 View Post
    Ah the famous gold plated gearbox. Extended 5th gear and MRS LSD if I remember right. Hahaha
    Yup, we held off installing it because we've got a 2gr to go in, but we thought "fuck it" when it spaffed itself. We will get to the 2gr later.

:)

Yeah I know how you feel. I’m thinking about changing my gearbox out at a later date to a E153 LSD box. But I’ll have to do some reading on what driveshaft support bearing carrier to use. I think Mr Woods has said something on it somewhere. Just have to have a look around when I get chance.

Yeah I know how you feel. I’m thinking about changing my gearbox out at a later date to a E153 LSD box. But I’ll have to do some reading on what driveshaft support bearing carrier to use. I think Mr Woods has said something on it somewhere. Just have to have a look around when I get chance.
    3vz carrier. Only just chucked one.

:/

Sound I still have mine in the workshop. Does it still need modding etc

Sound I still have mine in the workshop. Does it still need modding etc
    The turbo driveshaft will need machining so that the bearing sits in the carrier properly, it's a few MM out.

Or you can cheat and chop the bracket....

Last edited by cdwood2010; 10-01-2019 at 22:24.

Ah nice. Cheers for the info pal. Saves me looking everywhere.

Given the nature of the beast, it's probably a better bet to get the shaft machined. You can see how much adjustment it needs when you assemble it.

C.

I’ll have to do the swap before I increase the boost because the s54 wont take much more than the eatimated 320bhp and god knows how much torque haha. But yeah I’ll turn it in the lathe to fit.