Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Arkwright
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    i thought we were talking of stripping a mk2 apart on the stand and flogging the parts as we take them off!!!:whistle:
    There's a plan - any ideas on a donner vehicle? Perhaps we could "borrow" someones car for the task - as long as we promised to return it all in one piece? :hidesbehi

Quote Originally Posted by lodgeman
    i thought we were talking of stripping a mk2 apart on the stand and flogging the parts as we take them off!!!:whistle:
    8O

Nolite id cogere, cape malleum majorem.

TB Small Member
    Cheers for all the help guys, i'll be bring beer to donate to the fighting fund to help compensate for your effort :)

4 of m14 x 1.5 pitch x 30? long? im not sure on the lenght i havent done the swap yet...... fully threaded 8.8 grade or above hex head steel set screws preferably zinc passivated or plated.
    Any hints on where to get these from, ive never bought bolts before!!

Also check offset/wheel spoke thickness prior to fitting the alloys.
    Could you measure from the furthermost point on the caliper to the bell of the disc for me so i can check, that would be mightily embarassing indeed!Your brakes look ace by the way!

...though I was a tad concerned that you wanted Father Woods to preside over a live TB divorce!
    Finally someone got my pun/joke titley thing! If you think thats bad, wait till you hear my jokes!!

Murfster, i'll be bringing a decent selection of tools in the support vehicle so should be hunky dory for jacks and i'll bring the axle stands too.

ANything you need us to take down, jus let me know.

TB Small Member
    Howdy Murf. The most likely thing to foul the wheels ,I think, is the calliper itself, so if you could dummy fit just that in advance then all should be well

Keep the puns coming by the way, thats 50% of what TB is for anyway.

O.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Murf

Could you measure from the furthermost point on the caliper to the bell of the disc for me so i can check, that would be mightily embarassing indeed!Your brakes look ace by the way!
    Just had a quick measure,

From outside of caliper to outside of disc (new discs) = 64mm
    From outside of disc to bell end lol = 30mm approx

So bell to outside of caliper is approx 34mm on my car. I have also removed the celica lettering from the caliper.

TB Small Member
    Ok chaps, the monstrous calipers have arrived, i dont remember them being that big when i had them on my celica!
    Was Going to dummy fit them tomorrow but i cant find a dummy at such short notice so i'm gonna stick em on the Mk1 (boom boom!)
    Ad is very kindly taking car of the disc side of the operation so if the calipers fit then were good to go!
    If the calipers dont fit then i presume i need wheel spacers and extended wheel studs? Where might i find these items at dead short notice? Is there any other toyotas that use the same stud but longer?

Wheel spacers - should only really need a few mm so any motor factors should stock universal spacers.

Extended wheel studs - I could do with these too, still got stock ones. No idea where to get extended ones.

You need me to take some tools and wotnot for thsi then squire?

Quote Originally Posted by msherry21
    Wheel spacers - should only really need a few mm so any motor factors should stock universal spacers.

Extended wheel studs - I could do with these too, still got stock ones. No idea where to get extended ones.
    http://forums.twobrutal.com/showthre...ght=wheel+stud