4 80.00%
  • Route 2

0 0%
  • Route 3

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: BrutalBall '08

Blog Entries
    all looks a bit special..personally i would like to see northern europe..not bothered about italy or south of france tbh..and i think i will drive right around paris..!

Blog Entries
    drive up through the uk...
    ferry from newcastle to norway (oslo)..
    down the coast of swedend into denmark (copenhagen)..
    through northern germany (bremen) into the netherlands(amsterdam)..
    into belgium (brussels)..
    snipe the top of france and back to blighty in time for tea..!!

obviously a bit of a late spring/summer route that one..

well, we could depart from Newcastle and onto Norway, head to Oslo, Copenhagen and then take up the route from Brugge, and bypass Clement Ferand on the way back and just head straight?

I personally would like to see the south of Europe in there. Think about it. Late July, early August. T-Bar off (or roof down) and then head to the Cote d'Azure and see if we can turn some heads (I'll take care of the stomachs).

I think we need to give windows of timescales as well. Personally, I'd like to go around last week of July and first week of August.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Woods
    definately up for this one,all i got to do now is build a car....
    You've got enough time ...

Blog Entries
    actually..i only suggested that route to disagree with you..would be ace to see some fjords..(not just toyotas)..!
    south of france it is then..

can we please though avoid paris..its shite..!
    and i think keeping to one week will be more attractive to others too..

I guess so!

I actually don't want to make it a hard and fast "THIS IS WHERE WE'RE GOING!" and be regimental over it.

Obviously some people will like it, some won't - but people don't have to be there for the 2 weeks or so. They could travel with us and leave or meet us and drive back? I want to make it completely fluid.

After speaking to Paul, we're going to factor in a trip to meet the German MR2 club as well.

Arkwright
    It sounds good to me - I've always said Tiger was a "touring toy" but apart from the North of France she has never really earnt her stripes. Sounds like great fun.

Johnny are you offering to organise this? If you need any help give me a shout!

I'm offering to get it off the ground - but as for full on organising? I can help, but I can't lead - simply because I don't know where I'm going to be from one week to the next due to work commitments :(

I'll certainly chip in as much as possible. I vote Nik gets off his arse!

Why not get a small group of you together to organise it (this isn't me volunteering I might add!).
    Priorities change, passions do not.

Arkwright
    Quote Originally Posted by millentubby
    Why not get a small group of you together to organise it (this isn't me volunteering I might add!).
    :careful: people might think you're talking about a committee! :hidesbehi

Seriously - I agree I think this will be too much for one person, but I am happy to help if I can but Project Manager or not I wouldn't want to take on the entire task - scary 8O
    Last edited by Arkwright; 22-09-2007 at 18:12.