Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

BrutalBall '08 - REVISED DUE TO SEMI POPULAR DEMAND

Right. Seeing as the last one fell on it's arse due to mis-communication. It's back on the board after a sprited plea by a good lady!

There's a small change as Mike Sherry and me (plus a couple of others) still want to do the two weeks. So, a compromise has been put forward.

The holiday will STILL BE TWO WEEKS. But, what we are doing is altering it slightly by removing Berlin and including Rotterdam. What this will allow is the people who want to go for 1 week only the opportunity to do so. If you want the first week, you depart wit us from Newcastle and then depart from us at Rotterdam and make your way home. For those who want to do the 2nd week and the south of Europe with us, then get the Ferry to Rotterdam and look for the fat lad

For the very few who want to do the two weeks, we go on the piss in Rotterdam that day.

So - I'm not frigging around like the last one with detailed explanation of the routes. What we have is an assumption of petrol prices of 85p per litre on the continent for mileage prices and 25mpg on average. So ...

Week 1
    Newcastle to Stavanger, Norway. Through Norway, Sweden, Denmark into Germany and then making our way to Rotterdam.

This is approximately 1280 miles - which equates to 51 or so gallons of Shells finest. £190-£195 in fuel. Accomodation will be sorted once we have ideas of the costs.

Week 2
    Rotterdam in to Germany, to Switzlerland, Monte Carlo, along the Cote d'Azure and then up through the west side of france to Calais for the Ferry home.

This is a longer route of 2370 miles and thats 95 gallons of Saudi export and £355-360. Once again, we've got to get numbers before we get prices.

For the less intelligent (Michael), the total over the two weeks is 3650 miles, 145 gallons of refined oil and £550 of fuel.

What we need now. By the end of NOVEMBER is a list of who's interested.

Week 1
    01. Marksman and Miss Owen (one or two cars - two people)
    02. Paff (one car, one person [unlikely to be two :P ])
    03. Paul Woods and Miss.Tress (one car, one person, one Paul)
    04. OlberJ (one car, two people)

Week 2

Both Weeks
    01. Johnny G (1 car, 2 people)
    02. MSherry21 (1 car, 2 people)
    Last edited by biteme; 31-12-2007 at 02:48.

TB Small Member
    A good lady? Do we have any of those on the board? I thought they were all raving nutters or TB widows?

Anyway added Miss Owen and myself. Thanks for the work Johnny.

Oh by the way did you have a long walk to go and retrieve teddy? :hidesbehi

Quote Originally Posted by johnny g
    Right. Seeing as the last one fell on it's arse due to mis-communication. It's back on the board after a sprited plea by
    a good lady!

There's a small change as Mike Sherry and me (plus a couple of others) still want to do the two weeks. So, a compromise has been put forward.

The holiday will STILL BE TWO WEEKS. But, what we are doing is altering it slightly by removing Berlin and including Rotterdam. What this will allow is the people who want to go for 1 week only the opportunity to do so. If you want the first week, you depart wit us from Newcastle and then depart from us at Rotterdam and make your way home. For those who want to do the 2nd week and the south of Europe with us, then get the Ferry to Rotterdam and look for the fat lad

For the very few who want to do the two weeks, we go on the piss in Rotterdam that day.

So - I'm not frigging around like the last one with detailed explanation of the routes. What we have is an assumption of petrol prices of 85p per litre on the continent for mileage prices and 25mpg on average. So ...

Week 1
    Newcastle to Stavanger, Norway. Through Norway, Sweden, Denmark into Germany and then making our way to Rotterdam.

This is approximately 1280 miles - which equates to 51 or so gallons of Shells finest. £190-£195 in fuel. Accomodation will be sorted once we have ideas of the costs.

Week 2
    Rotterdam in to Germany, to Switzlerland, Monte Carlo, along the Cote d'Azure and then up through the west side of france to Calais for the Ferry home.

This is a longer route of 2370 miles and thats 95 gallons of Saudi export and £355-360. Once again, we've got to get numbers before we get prices.

For the less intelligent (Michael), the total over the two weeks is 3650 miles, 145 gallons of refined oil and £550 of fuel.

What we need now. By the end of NOVEMBER is a list of who's interested.

Week 1
    01. Marksman and Miss Owen, one or two cars, not decided yet.

Week 2

Both Weeks
    01. Johnny G (1 car, 2 people)
    02. MSherry21 (1 car, 2 people)

I had Paul fetch him back - I'm still doing the two weeks, as is Michael Sherry. I just swapped Berlin for Rotterdam on the map - it was an offer that was on the table initially, but nobody appeared to take it up...

Let's see how take 2 goes.

I'll be on for the first week, can't really afford anymore than that at the mo TBH

I'll update the first post for you then Pafferlicious

Are there any preferred dates for this little excursion?

86 Mk1.5 Eurosport - Black

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread
    -----------------------------
    Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.

Looking to start the trip after JAE next year - not directly after!

First thoughts are last week of July and first week of August :)

Righty oh squire. I'll have a chat with MissFire to see if she's up for the trip too.

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread

If she's not, it's just you with more room for pies?

Nah Johnny, the MK2 is far more suited to being loaded with pies lol

My Garage
    The Mk1.5 Swap Thread
    The Bodykit Thread